Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting Extreme Sports.ie (the “Website”) and reviewing our terms and conditions. We are delighted you have decided to use our Website and to ensure quality, clarity and fairness to all parties please read the following terms and conditions which will govern our relationship with you in relation to this Website.
If you have any questions in relation to these terms and conditions please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or amend these terms and conditions and/or any part thereof.
Extreme Sports is a registered trading name of Extreme XS Limited (the “Company”) located at 11 Ballytrasna Business Park, Little Island, Co. Cork. Company registration number 518292.
The term “Extreme Sports” or “us” or “we” or “our” “the Company” refers to the owner of the website, Extreme XS Limited.
The terms “Buyer”, “Customer”, “Client” “user” or “you” refers to all users of the Website.
The term “Booking” means a product, package, event or itinerary of events arranged on behalf of a Customer by the Company with a Supplier and includes a Supplier Service or a number of Supplier Services.
The term “Customer Group” means all individual participants in a Customer’s Booking including the Customer.
The term “Supplier(s)” means a third party Supplier of goods and/or services who has agreed to provide services to the Customer by arrangement of the Company.
The term “Supplier Service” means a service provided by a Supplier.
The term “Activity Date” is the date and time scheduled for the Supplier Service to take place.
The term “Voucher recipient” means the beneficiary of a voucher.
The terms “Gift Cards” and “Open Vouchers” are monetary gift vouchers which can be used to purchase any of the gift experiences listed on the Extreme Sports website.
Extreme Sports is committed to ensuring that all personal data handled by us will be processed according to legally compliant standards of Data Protection.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to Irish law.
Please read our Cookies Policy which governs your use of our Website.
4. Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights including but not limited to : trademarks, trade names, design rights, applications for any of the foregoing; trade or business names; innovations, inventions whether or not capable of protection by patent or registration, registered design and topography rights; know-how, including data specifications, drawings and instructions; secret formulae and processes; rights protecting goodwill and reputation; database rights and rights under licences and consents in relation to such things, rights in the nature of unfair competition rights, and rights to sue for passing of and all rights or forms of protection of a similar nature to any of the foregoing or having equivalent effect anywhere in the world; copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the Website (hereinafter referred to as “Intellectual Property”) are solely owned by the Company.
You are expressly prohibited from reproducing, publishing, transmitting, distributing, displaying, modifying or in any way using or exploiting the Intellectual Property owned by the Company or owned by its Suppliers.
5. Limitation of Liability
The liability of the Company is limited solely to the extent of processing payments in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and in line with the Cancellation Policy/ Refunds set out below.
Please note the Company shall not be liable for any damage, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential relating to your engagement with the Website. The Website does not make any warranty that it is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating properties. The Company does not accept any liability for any losses or claims arising from any inability to access the Website.
The Company uses its best endeavours to select high quality Suppliers. However, the Company is not responsible for the operations of Suppliers and in no way warrants to the quality of the services provided by the Suppliers. Under no circumstances is the Company responsible for any additional expense, distress, disappointment, loss, damage, injury, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity resulting from or attributable to an act or default of any Supplier.
6. Our Role
While the Website, as a platform, helps facilitate transactions that are carried out on the Website, the Company and the Website is neither the buyer nor the seller of the Supplier’s goods or services.
The Website allows Suppliers to list and sell their products, goods and services via the Website. The Company is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such Suppliers on the Website. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed as forming a partnership or joint venture with either Buyers or Suppliers.
The Company is not an agent of any Supplier and does not warrant to the quality or suitability of any Supplier. The Buyer should carry out their own enquiries in this regard and the Company shall not bear any liability for the failure of a Supplier to effectively provide a service.
7. Cancellations/Cooling Off/Refunds
When purchasing a gift voucher online or by phone, you are entitled to a cooling off period in which you may cancel your purchase at any time within 14 days from the date on which you have made the purchase (the “Cooling Off Period”) provided you have not already redeemed the purchase.
If you wish to cancel your purchase during the Cooling Off Period, you must send an email notifying us to email@example.com. Please note this Cooling Off Period does not extend to Bookings made whereby the event/activity on foot of the Booking is due to commence within 14 days. All refunds in respect of cancellations within the Cooling Off Period shall be made directly to the Customer via the Company within 10 working days of receipt of notice of cancellation.
Supplier Cancellations and Requests to change confirmed Bookings:
In exceptional circumstances, it may be necessary to cancel/change the details or itinerary of the Supplier Service (E.g. Adverse Weather).
The Supplier reserves the right to make reasonable changes and shall inform the Customer as soon as reasonably possible.
If the Supplier has offered a refund, all refunds shall be made directly to the Customer via the Company within 10 working days.
Some activities are environmentally dependant (e.g. Rafting). If you have chosen an environmentally dependant activity, you will be advised before booking that an alternative activity might take place on the activity date if conditions are not suitable for your chosen activity.
8. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by Irish law and the Customer consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
If any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
The company accepts any of the below Payment Methods:
- Debit or Credit Card
- Bank Transfer or Lodgement
- Postal Order/Bank Draft/Cheque (Subject to clearance)
Debit & Credit Card payments are processed via Emerchantpay. Information regarding Emerchantpay policies can be viewed at this document.
Obligations of the Customer:
The Customer shall check all documentation immediately once it is furnished to him/her. Any errors must be brought to the Company’s attention immediately and cannot be rectified later. If the Customer has a query in relation to the contents of any document they must notify the Company of these concerns within seven days of receipt. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that all booking details etc. are in order.
The Customer booking the Service is solely responsible for ensuring that all members of the Customer Group:
– Are fully and properly informed of these terms and conditions and the Booking details.
– Are physically capable of taking part in such activities, suffer no disabilities or conditions that may impair, restrict or endanger their involvement or that of other members of the group’s involvement in the activity.
– Act at all times in a safe, responsible and courteous manner and comply with all safety procedures and requirements.
– Abide by the rules and regulations of any Supplier venue and undertake to accept and follow all instructions issued to them by the relevant Supplier. The good conduct and behaviour of all parties within the Customer Group is critical to the ability of the Supplier to deliver the Supplier Service and as such the Supplier has the final say and full authority to remove any person(s) who fail to comply with instructions and requests. No refunds will be issued in such circumstances.
– The Customer accepts responsibility for any intentional damage caused to any supplier venue or equipment by any member of a Customer Group. The Customer will be liable to the Supplier directly for such loss.
– We recommend you to take out the appropriate insurance which will cover them in the event of personal accident, medical expenses, emergency evacuation, loss of any monies and the participation in dangerous sports.
– Arrive at the Suppliers Venue/s on or before the arrival/start times outlined in the booking confirmation email. Late arrivals cannot be catered for and no refunds will be issued in such circumstances.
– Complaints relating to any supplier should be made directly to the supplier by email or recorded letter to the supplier’s business address which is contained on the booking confirmation email. If you have not received a satisfactory reply within 30 days of sending your complaint, please notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our very best to quickly overcome any issues.
Terms and Conditions Specific to Purchase of Extreme Sports Gift Vouchers (“Vouchers”):
Purchase & Delivery
E-Voucher: You can purchase an electronic voucher online by selecting your voucher product, entering your details and making payment. The E-Voucher will be sent via email instantly to the gift buyer. If the buyer has not received the E-Voucher within 1 hour, please check your spam inbox folder as some email accounts may categorize as unwanted mail. If you cannot locate the voucher, please add email@example.com to your address book and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to re-send the voucher. As web filters and firewalls are totally out of our control, the Company is not liable or responsible for any loss suffered and will do our very best to quickly overcome any issues that may arise.
Postal Vouchers: There is an additional fee of €1.99 for Gift Certificates and 3rd party postal delivery service within the Republic of Ireland only. Postal delivery is not available outside of the Republic of Ireland except for electronic E-Vouchers. Delivery is usually within 1-2 working days. If your voucher delivery is lost by the 3rd party postal service, the Company will provide a duplicate free of charge. If your delivery is lost as a result of incorrect submitted information (e.g. wrong address), the Company will provide a duplicate but an additional delivery charge of €1.99 will be incurred by the Customer. Please inform us as soon as possible so we can do our very best to quickly deliver the duplicate voucher. As 3rd party postal delays are totally out of our control, the Company accepts no responsibility or liability for potential late deliveries by 3rd parties.
All Vouchers must be activated on the Extreme Sports website and Cannot be redeemed directly with adventure companies or with any party other than Extreme Sports.
1. Redeeming Vouchers for Specific Experiences (e.g. Tank Driving Experience):
– Go to https://www.extremesport.ie/contact-us: Select “Redeem Voucher” before entering your details and voucher code.
– A Voucher Redemption email will then be forwarded to the voucher recipient by extreme sports and you will be contacted directly by the supplier via phone or email to schedule your activity date.
If you must cancel your booking after the supplier has scheduled your activity date, you must both call and email the supplier directly advising of your cancellation. The suppliers phone number and email address is printed on the Voucher Redemption email. The supplier will advise if an alternative date is possible. If you do not contact the supplier, the supplier may allocate as a no show which incorporates a cost to the supplier. It is at the supplier’s discretion if an alternative activity date can be offered in such circumstances.
Vouchers for specific experiences can be exchanged for Open/Monetary vouchers of equal value. To exchange, the customer must notify the company before redeeming their voucher by going to http://www.extremesports.ie/contact-us; Select “Exchange Voucher” then enter customer details including voucher code. Please advise in the message field that you would like to exchange your original experience. The company will exchange your voucher to an Open/Monetary voucher of equal value.
2. Redeeming Open/Monetary Gift Vouchers (e.g. €100):
– First browse the different experiences throughout the Extreme Sports website. After selecting your experience, add to basket where you can purchase your selected experience using the gift card balance.
– You can then redeem your voucher as per the above “Redeeming Vouchers for Specific Experiences”
The voucher retains the difference in price if the voucher holder chooses an experience less than the voucher balance (i.e. They can go on to book other activities with the remaining balance).
If the voucher holder chooses an experience more than the voucher balance, they can pay the difference at checkout.
Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and are not reloadable.
Vouchers purchased after the 1st of December 2019 are valid for 5 years (60 months) from the date of issue unless otherwise specified on the voucher.
If your voucher is for a specific experience which has increased or decreased in price after 12 months from the date of purchase, your voucher will revert to an open/monetary voucher of equal value.
Suppliers and supplier activities may change from time to time and this is strictly at the discretion of the Company. In such circumstances, an alternative activity or an open voucher of equal value will be issued.
The expiry date is clearly stated on all vouchers issued. A voucher will be deemed to be invalid if it is out of date and the funds will no longer be available to spend. Please check the expiry date printed on all vouchers before redeeming.
Each voucher will show a unique alphanumeric code which is supplied by the Voucher Recipient when redeeming the voucher. Vouchers must be kept safe and secure at all times and the Company takes no responsibility for any loss any party may incur as a result of impersonation or identity fraud.
The voucher is intended to be redeemed by the gift recipient. In certain circumstances, it may be used by a third party on instruction of the gift recipient or gift buyer. Full third party details must be sent by email from the original gift recipient or gift buyer including full details of the new voucher recipient to email@example.com. An email and phone call from both the gift buyer and original gift recipient may be required if additional security checks are required to minimize the chance of fraud.